Friday, May 20, 2011

My Music!

Lovers Rock, Rootsy Reggae, Dancehall, Stickly Reggae is what I prefer to listen to. Theres just something about Reggae music that makes me feel calm, but happy at the same time its like I can never get sick of listening to them. This past weekend by far was the greatest most memorable days this year! I was able to attend the Gyptian & Etana concert and let me tell u AWESOME!!! This was my second time seeing Etana perform and she rocked that stage, her voice was beautiful. Gyptian of course was phenomenal. I am a huge fan of Reggae Music thanks to my dad. His family is from Hawaii so he would fly back and forth and would bring back new Reggae CD's and we would all love it especially my older brothers! From Bob to Lucky to Big Mountain my dad had good taste in Reggae music. If there is one thing I am greatful for from my dad, it would be that, introducing me to Reggae music lol. Back in 2008 I was able to go to Jamaica to see the Reggae Sumfest, and check out Bob Marley's hood. Performers like Akon, Keyshia Cole and Lil Wayne were all performing but I was really excited to see all the Reggae artists because at that time, living in Utah no one came here to perform lol but Reggae artists from Beres Hammond, Richie Spice, Serani, Taurus Riley, Demarco, Busy Signal and Jah Cure were all there performing that night and you know that trip was SPECTACULAR. Now I love living in Utah its like there all slowly coming here to perform! Anywho back to the concerto we got VIP so u know we had backstage access, we took pictures with Gyptian himself and was super cheesin back stage lol! That night was definately a night to remember. To bad my hubby wasn't there to experience that night with me because he is now a big fan of Reggae music. It's soo funy because when we were dating he did not like Reggae, he said it was to slow hence he is from the Bay area (Oakland) so when you think the Bay Area what do you think? hhmmmm Hyphy right lol and now were competing to find good Reggae songs to listen to, ohh its the best! Here are some of my all time favorite Reggae Songs!

Busy Signal - Night Shift
Jah Cure- Unconditional Love
Gyptian - Beautiful Lady, Bingimans prize, Serious Time
Richie Spice - Grooving my Girl
Bob Marley - She use to call me Dada,
So many BOB favs :)
Demarco- Standing Soldier, I Remember
SOJA - True Love
Lucky Dube - I want to know what love is
Too many Lucky favs :)
All UB40
Etana- Im not afraid


Us Girls with Gyptian himself :)


Bob Marley's Plantation - Jamaica 2008


1 comment:

  1. I wanna go to Jamaica! Love you you die hard reggae fan! hahaha V.I.P. status huh...I was too busy down in the crowd, tryna touch his foot lmbo

    ReplyDelete