Thursday, February 6, 2014

Faith :)

You know that saying everything happens for a reason?! Well lately I've been thinking about things and ways to improve myself and family, mainly spiritually. I mean I have been blessed tremendously and I know I am forever indebted to my father in heaven. So thus the reason for this post.

 Growing up with a mother strong in our faith (LDS) I was taught from a very young age the examples she set forth from going to church, paying a full tithing and attending the temple weekly without the help from my inactive father...My mother I owe it all to her because without her faith I know I wouldn't be where I am today and be the person she wanted me to become. All she ever wanted was for her kids to stay in the gospel and to do our part. 

When I met my hubby, at that time he was a catholic and in the Tongan culture the women are suppose to follow their husband and take their religion, but I knew my faith was true & wanted to share it with him. Even though at that time I wasn't active in the gospel I knew I wanted to raise our future children in the gospel. So Paea gave it a shot because he knew how important it was for me! He took the lessons and eventually got baptized. It's funny though because when he called to tell me he was getting baptized and that he set a date, I made a last minute plan to Jamaica with my sisters and had already paid my ticket (which was only $60 because my dad works for Delta) so I was bummed when it was the same day as his baptism, but he was ok with that because he wanted some stuff from there lol!

Fast forward to now, since the time difference at church changed (1 pm) we're not able to make it to class or even to the end of sacrament because of the hubby starting work at 3. (1 car problems) It put a dent in me knowing we were only going to just sacrament, but also a feeling that it wasn't complete. I loved primary as a child and hated knowing my kids weren't able to attend because we had to leave early. So I did the only thing I knew I had to do, which was to put my trust in The Lord & pray to him for help... Every Sunday when we would leave I would always tell my hubby "Ughh I can't wait til spring gets here, so that I can walk home with the kiddos & you leave to work." or  constantly asking him if he's been applying for other jobs so he can get Sundays off?!" I ment it all and my hubby knew it was serious business, because he also knows how important it is to. So today out of no where he bought him a lil 'bucket' and I knew my prayers were answered!! Not gonna lie though with one ride it sucked, it basically felt like we were locked up in our house til the hubby got off or if my mom or sisters came to the rescue... Anywho I thought what the heck how? We haven't even filed our taxes yet lol...and most of it would go towards Siupeli's medical bills (when he was a preemie) when we did file. Then he told me he actually got a good deal on it, the guy he bought it from was trying to get rid of it fast because he had two other rides and this car was just sitting in his garage taking up space. So my hubby got a really awesome deal on it!! I still told him that it didn't fix the problem because of course I need him to come to class with me lol! 

This Saturday is date day & it will be at the Bountiful temple because I have been dying to see the new changes! I know it'll help with hubby finding another job to have Sundays off just gotta have faith! I know the power of prayer works if you are obedient and believe in him because our prayer did get answered! Our father in heaven knows our wants and needs, it might of not happened when we wanted it, but it came when our heavenly knew it was right! I love my faith with all my heart and a happy feeling even to share it with total strangers my testimony...sweet dreams bloggers :) 

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's so awesome Cenn! Such a blessing to have 2 rides! Good for you guys. Can u tell ur brother I don't enjoy being a taxi driver? Lmbo! I love the conversion story. You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete